The City Attorney is appointed by the City Manager for an indefinite term. The City Attorney serves as the head of the department of law and shall:
1. Give legal advice on questions submitted to him by the City Manager and/or City Council, when the subject matter concerns the powers of any municipal officials or employees, or the performance of their duties.
2. Draft such ordinances, resolutions, notices, forms, leases, deeds, papers or other documents as may be required of him by the City Council.
3. Authorized to appear, prosecute and defend all actions wherein the City of Blanchard, Oklahoma, is a party, and he shall institute proceedings in courts of law upon the order of the City Council.
4. Allowed actual and necessary traveling and hotel expenses while outside the City of Blanchard, Oklahoma, and on official business for said City; provided, that, his business has been approved and directed by the City Council.
5. Perform such other duties as the City Council may require; provided, that, such duties are included within the scope of the contractual arrangement.
David Perryman, City Attorney
David joined the city as the City’s chief legal counsel in 1983. He currently serves as a state legislator representing House District No. 56. He can be contacted by telephone at 405.224.0237 or by fax at 405.222.2319, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org